It’s been claimed that the pen is mightier than the sword. The words and declarations written by pens have formed nations and created some of the greatest works of art of all time. Quite simply, a pen can be pretty impressive.
Everyone has used a pen at some point or another. A good pen is really useful. No matter how strong the digital world will get, there is always going to be a place for writing implements and pens. Giving a customized pen to someone can be a wonderful gift. It’s thoughtful, unique and tailored to their interests. Custom pens show real care for the one getting them. Custom pens can also be used to advertise businesses. These branded pens have been given away as marketing tools for decades and that’s not going to stop anytime soon!
What Really Makes a Customized Pen
For many people, all they think of with a pen is simple disposable pens that they are buying in ten or twelve packs from a local office supply store. Most of these are simple ballpoint or rollerball pens that cost under a dollar and provide a solid job. To many people, that’s plenty for their pen needs. Pens are seemingly everywhere. However, that’s why a customized pen can be such an interesting gift.
Customizing a pen usually means physical alterations to the appearance. The most common is a name or monogram. More expensive pens made of metal or wood may feature a special engraving into the material itself. Another fun option is picture designs. These can include the recipient's favorite hobbies, movie characters, or a loved pet!
The Best Occasions to Give a Custom Pen
Typically, when you’re giving a person a pen, it’s due to accomplishment. While they can be great gifts at any time, custom pens often aren’t given during standard gift times like Christmas. When it comes to birthdays, they tend to only be given on big numbers. Someone may give a special pen for someone who is on their 30th, 40th, 50th birthday or others of a similar major milestone nature. Special events like job anniversaries or graduations can also make the perfect moment to give a pen as well.
Custom Pen Marketing
Many people also choose to use cheaper versions of customized pens as a simple marketing method. Though it’s been used for many years, the custom pen remains an excellent choice. Pens are used a lot and tend to get passed around. This results in a large number of views and impressions.
Typically, custom pens for marketing purposes will include a company name, as well as some contact information. It could also be a company logo. It’s easy to give out custom pens to clients and employees and then see them circulate further.
Top 5 Routes for “Custom Pens”
There’s a lot of different resources which can be found to assist people interested in custom pens. Different resources focus on different aspects of using custom pens. The following are five useful resources.
- Pens.com - This resource focuses on the marketing aspects of pens. Some special interest helps explain how they can be used in trade shows or conferences.
- ThePenGuy.com - This resource offers to create custom pens for people looking to create pens for business or personal use. Pens are then shipped out and ready to go!
- Etsy - Etsy is one of the most incredible websites on the internet for custom made or artistic items. Custom pens can be found for sale, or contact can be made with creators.
- The Herbert Pen Company - This is a pen design company which focuses on beautiful designs and styles that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Custommade.com - If you’re looking for custom items, this is an incredible resource. It functions as a marketplace for a huge variety of custom items, not just custom pens.